AMD has rolled out its first graphics driver for April, the Adrenalin Edition 23.4.1 release. The update provides support for the soon-releasing title Meet Your Maker, introduces further optimizations targeting The Last of Us, and includes a series of bug fixes.
While AMD’s previous driver update, version 23.3.2, already added support for The Last of Us Part 1, this new release specifically brings “game optimizations” to it. Although the company hasn’t specified what benefits players can expect in this driver over the previous version, it is highly recommended for anyone planning to play the game.
With all the issues that the Naughty Dog game is encountering on PC, fans are likely to welcome any assistance they can get to stabilize the highly-anticipated port.
As for the fixed issues, there is positive news for users who have been experiencing blurry videos in browsers while using certain GPUs from AMD:
- Video playback in browsers using hardware acceleration may appear blurry on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XT.
- Mouse cursor may appear invisible in Citrix Workspace™.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may intermittently disappear when playing full-screen videos from STEAM™.
In addition, AMD’s engineers are actively working on resolving several known issues:
- High idle power has been situationally observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configurations on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower-than-expected performance on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Water corruption in Hogwarts Legacy™ may occur on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 580.
- Blocky water corruption in Red Dead Redemption 2™ may occur using Vulkan® API.
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.4.1 driver can now be upgraded via the Radeon Settings app available on Windows. Users can also perform a standalone installation by downloading the driver from the link found in the release notes.
The Factory Reset option remains disabled in this release as AMD continues to address an operating system corruption issue.
Download AMD Adrenalin Edition 23.4.1：https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.4.1-win10-win11-apr3.exe