Surprising Monday Launch of Windows Insider Canary Channel: A Leap Forward for Windows 11 with Enhanced Features and Improvements
TMicrosoft has taken the tech world by surprise by rolling out this week’s version of Windows Insider Canary Channel on a Monday. This is an unexpected move, considering that, typically due to time zone differences, new test versions are usually released on Thursdays or Fridays in the United States.
This recent update brings numerous enhancements, including vTPM support for Hyper-V virtual machines on the ARM64 platform. It also includes improvements for Passpoint WiFi, netsh, and Phone Link.
Users who are part of the Windows Insider Canary Channel can check for updates to obtain Windows 11 Can Build 25370.1.
Here are some highlights from the update:
1. Upon upgrading to the latest version, the Windows 11 ARM version of Hyper-V virtual machines now support vTPM. This means you can detect TPM 2.0 in Hyper-V and install a Windows 11 virtual machine.
2. The netsh command now allows the addition of bridged adapters.
3. Passpoint WiFi now supports enhanced connection performance. A URL will be displayed in quick settings, providing users with information about the venue or event.
4. Phone Link’s Instant Hotspot feature has added WPA3 support, increasing security. It has also optimized the settings for billed data, reducing profile updates.
5. Links to network card and network properties have been added under Settings, Network & Internet, and Advanced Network Settings.
However, it should be noted that the Windows 11 Can version is subject to rapid changes. Microsoft does not provide known issues for this version, nor does it release update logs for every update.
Using this version does carry a risk of encountering severe issues that may render your system unusable. Therefore, users who prioritize stability are advised not to use the Windows 11 Can version.